Friday, November 25, 2011

Dead Poet's Society for the Dancefloor

umm so remember in "Dead Poet's Society" when the class have that beautiful moment of rebellion and unification and recite a Walt Whitman poem? No? K, well re-watch(or just plain watch) the movie.. I think I'm going to have to re-watch it because it's been over 10 years and I need a refresher.  But when I heard this track pop up in a set  it reeeeally took me back. Its by Pan-Pot, who are this pretty cool duo from Berlin who apparently love cookware, and Walt Whitman.

Pan-Pot - Captain, My Captain(Rodriguez jr. Remix)

You'd think after the amount of dance music I've listened to I would be used to the ludicrous lengths of some of the intros before the song really gets going. Well, I'm not. I know why it's there.  And I fully am ok with like 45 seconds to a minute of oonts oonts oonts until the trak gets going so the dj can cue everything up blah blah ya I get it... but Carl Craig. You sir have just pushed me over the edge. 5 minutes and 45 seconds. Are you kiddin' me?! Lucky for you, you're Carl Craig, and that as usual this remix is pretty killer. So be warned, this one is over 10 minutes long but theres nothing all that cool going on until 5:45. Dude from Hot Chip's voice... love it.

Hot Chip - One Life Stand(Carl Craig Remix)

Also I just have to mention how friggin' cool it is to look at the stats when you operate a blog.  As my mother could attest to, I am a geek for statistics. So seeing everyday that I get 4 hits from Russia, and The Netherlands and Germany etc etc its pretty awesome. Also that close to 70% of those people are Mac users.. well my heart swells a little. :)  So, thanks subscribers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment