Saturday, November 19, 2011

mind blowing musical trajectories.

So i told myself yesterday that maybe I wouldn't post anything on the weekend, but its my day off today and theres just too much great music in the World.  Like actually have you ever thought about all the songs you know, or better still: all the music you hear out at a club that you DON'T know.. then you start looking into who those artists are, and who the remixers are and blah blah blah all of a sudden your mind is blown. Well mine is anyway. I bet if every person in the world listened to music nonstop for a year there would still be music that some of us haven't heard.... yup blown again.

On that note, heres some maybe you haven't heard! If you're lucky maybe it will blow your mind.

This one is from defected Records, arguably one of the most important House labels out there and a pretty iconic name in dance music.  Joris Voorn's stuff that I've heard was usually a bit more tech sounding than this but i like it. It reminds me of "dj you've got my love" by richard dinsdale which, I also love and coincidentally, is also a defected track.

Arthur Baker feat Jimmy Somerville - I Believe In Love (Joris Voorn vocal mix)

I was totally going to post another track here but I had my iTunes playing as I wrote this and ever notice how with good quality headphones on you pick up so much more in tracks than you do when its just playing on a system(unless its a great system..)?  Its full of these fantastic weird little noises, but doesn't come off sounding too busy...dig it.

Johnwaynes feat. Stee Downes - Belong To Me (Original mix)

Ever wonder what would happen if you locked Prince, Peter Gabriel & Cassius(who I LOVE) into a recording studio and told them they couldn't come out until they produced something together? I have... and then I heard this and realized someone already had that idea too and actually did it!-And yes that "A" is supposed to be a capital... he's French.

SebastiAn feat. Mayer Hawthorne - Love In Motion

No comments:

Post a Comment