Friday, November 18, 2011

YAY Weekend!

Hey there Friday, how are you?  It's been way too long.  Since I'm a waiter and my restaurant of employ is open on weekends the weekend doesn't mean as much to me in the usual regard as it does for most of the rest of the population.  But it does mean clubs are open for business, which means I might just be out dancing.  This weekend I plan on checking out "Main Street House" @ Fly nightclub on Saturday. Fly is a gay bar which usually plays circuit/tribal stuff which isn't really my cup of tea. It's lowest common denominator dance music as far as I'm concerned(Dance Music for Dummies?). But every now and then they do these nights where they bring in some house & tech djs to shake things up a little but and show the gays what dance music is supposed to be all about.- Hallelujah!
This weekend its Addy, Ticky Ty & Chris Ink. dope lineup for sure.

But enough about talking about music. What's that quote:"dancing about architecture"? ya, "talking about music is like dancing about architecture." love it.  So I've made a new musical pal in Leeds, UK who seems to be able to have his hands on music well ahead of the release date, take for example the new Maya Jane Coles EP that Marko sent me this morning.  Its due out in December, and if you like her stuff you'll love this. Here is a sample of what you'll find there (also notice I figured out how to post links embedded in text-yup I'm that new to this..):

Maya Jane Coles - Cutting It Fine

Btw- I went to see Maya Jane Coles here a little while ago at Wrongbar, and shes about the size of a feather... but she did turn out a pretty sweet nice of tunes, and i LOVE her productions so far.

If you want something with a bit more bite for your weekend, like I do, try this sucka on for size.  I'm not shy about my love for Green Velvet, and Quentin Harris, well he's a legend. This is the best remix I've heard of this track which i already loved. BONUS!

Green Velvet feat Russoul - Millie Vanillie (Quentin Harris Dub)

Happy Dancing y'all. Also, check out Marko's blog. its listed here in the ones I follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment