Monday, November 14, 2011

Harvest Moon(boots)- its Monday.. and I'm already over it.

Not like I had a stressful weekend or anything, far from it in fact. But man, sometimes you wake up and think that it would be okay to just stay in bed all day. And its actually my day off.. I miss the time when having a day off meant you did nothing, instead of used it to do the stuff you didnt do during the rest of the week.  Maybe this'll put me in a better mood? A gorgeous, sun-soaked, chilled cover version of Neil Young's Harvest Moon, done by California's "Poolside".  A duo whose poolside based recording studio is turning out lots of this..

Poolside - Harvest Moon (Neil Young cover)


K so that didnt exactly get me in a better mood, or rather even resolved to just deal with the day but maybe this will? Jarvis Cocker, in my mind, is one of the great geniuses of our time. A modern David Bowie, with more tongue-in-cheek, anti-establishment, slippery vocals than you can shake a stick at.  From when he was Pulp's front man to his more recent work as a solo artist, nobody can touch the Jarv.  Im waiting (rather impatiently) for the day either his solo tour or the Pulp reunion tour come my way!  But in the meantime here are two rather shining examples of his solo work.

Jarvis Cocker - Running The World

Jarvis Cocker - I Never Said I Was Deep



That actually did help shake it :) thanks Jarv.  but now i need some sexy beats to get me going. Its time for a lil way back, playback action.  Now I know a lot of people that love this song... and I know a lot of people that hate this song. I fuckin love it. I know its got that stupid bit nearer the end with the talking.. but i don't care.  It takes me back to Halifax, Nova Scotia and the house scene of the late 90s early 00s(i refuse to call them the naughties... its dumb.). It reminds me of guys like Fat Devin and the other great DJs that were throwing great parties back then. Or just dancing around my livingroom with Tams. *sigh* nostalgia achieved.

Armand Van Helden - Flowerz

No comments:

Post a Comment