Sunday, November 13, 2011

the jump off

So its post #1. I figure since I'm living in Toronto, why not start things off with a lil local flava.  It seems like at least once a month I found out about some new fantastic performer, producer or record label and oh, ya, they are from Toronto. It really feels like we've got something special going on here right now, like Montreal with all those Indie bands, house(or dance music producers in general) are killing it out of Toronto right now! So ya, good on ya! and even better for me. I get to go out and hear great new tunes on a regular basis...and now I get to share it with you.. whoever you are, that might follow this thing.

So first off, really I have no choice but to start with Azari & III (pronounced "third"). the Jamie Jones remix of their track "Hungry for the power" isn't really a party starter... it's a party destroyer! Nathan Barato dropped this sucker at Comfort Zone about a month ago and I (as well as everyone else who was there) actually hit the roof. if you've never been it has a low ceiling.

Azari & III Hungry For The Power (Jamie Jones Ridge Street Remix)



Next up is a guy I've heard a lot of lately but didnt really know anything about him.. and ya.. he's from Toronto too. James Teej. He runs a label called My Favourite Robot, and also releases under that name too.

My Favourite Robot - Forest Fires

I am still not totally convinced that this is going to actually work and that the songs are actually there...

No comments: