Tuesday, December 20, 2011

the little (motor city) drum(mer boy) Ensemble. para pa pum pum

Ooof what a weekend.  Hosted my 3rd Annual tree trimming extravaganza at my place which took most of my attention last week getting the house ready, but happy to be back with a new post.  Most people that love dance people know they owe something to Detroit.  But how about Stuttgart?  When I first heard this guys work I loved it.. and as I usually do, started looking into who he was and didn't really bother to think about where he was from because it was clearly Detroit.  Ooops. As it turns out a more appropriate name may have been the Autobahn Drum Ensemble, but I guess the geography of it all doesn't really matter.  He also feels he owes something to Detroit and his adopted name is merely an homage to one of the birthplaces of the music he loves... after all it does sound more like it came out of Chicago or Detroit than Stuttgart or Berlin!

Motor City Drum Ensemble - L.O.V.E.

Motor City Drum Ensemble - Raw Cuts #3

Good ol' Cocoon does it again! Whether they put out a stompy banging techno track or something as pretty as this next one, such an amazing catalogue of music!  Came across this on a compilation album by Robag Wruhme, ya I know.. say that 3 times fast, but i've been listening to it quite a lot :)

Kollektiv Turmstrasse - Dead Room

No comments:

Post a Comment