Friday, December 9, 2011

technological marvels

Today as I sat on one of Toronto's brand new Subway cars for the first time, returning from some Christmas shopping there was an elderly fellow beside me, I didn't really notice him at first.  I continued carrying on about my business playing with my iPhone (skipping to a point in a set i wanted to hear.. adjusting volume etc) and I realize that this fella beside me is VERY intently watching my every move and everything my phone does.  So i flipped through some screens and things so he could see, and I sneak a little look and hes totally smiling at my phone. It kinda made me chuckle a little bit and to think about the things this guy has probably seen in his life(he was around 80) and now to see a phone do the things our phones can do now, it was obvious he was having a moment to himself as the display continued for several minutes.

Anyhoo, kinda harking back to the post i made the other day about the top live acts and whatnot. Martin Buttrich, who ranked in at the #8 spot, will be here in Toronto for New Years Day.  His set at CZ a few months ago was so dynamic and interesting that i can honestly say it was unlike anything i've heard in a club before and I have spoken with several others who have corroborated this fact.  Add to it the guy has been producing tracks for Timo Maas(over 100) and Loco Dice and others for years, nominated for a Grammy.... basically if you're in Toronto on NYD you better be at CZ(bringing in an extra sound system for it too!) cuz this guy will bring you such an inventive sound and vibe.. its all encompassing. I've felt it with other DJs when they were really on but Martin is also producing a vast portion of his set live, so I have come to learn. So here is some Martin Buttrich to wet your appetite for what is sure to be a party to remember! -And my last time on a dancefloor for several months as I am having knee surgery a week later.... Out with a bang? Don't mind if I do!

Martin Buttrich - Hamuda (Original Mix)

Martin Buttrich - Hunter (Original Mix)

No comments:

Post a Comment