Saturday, December 3, 2011

dream a little dream... of techno

I had the CRAZIEST dream last night! This big giant abandoned building in the centre of a busy city had been taken over by this enterprising young man and he turned it into some sort of ..laser tag.. but instead of laser tag people used theses intricate hand signals -like sign language- as weapons in this war games kinda scenario.  Only, somehow these intricate hand signals were actually killing people. But only in this building... mostly occupied by junkies and street kids. And I was a journalist sent in on the story.  I woke up out of the dream at least 3 times and still went back into it when i fell back asleep! that never happens.  Well not to me anyway.  Coincidentally, I had my iPhone on shuffle yesterday and this track from a few months ago by Toronto's own Carlo Lio(who by the way is amazing..) popped on.  Guess what its called....

Carlo Lio - Stuck In A Dream

Jamies Jones & Seth Troxler are pretty much the squirrels of my World right now. Why? Because... Who runs the World? Squirrels! Exactly.  For reals though everything I hear from these guys, whether its a set or a remix is awesome.. plus they look like they have a LOT of fun when they're DJing.  Fingers crossed for a Toronto visit this year.  If you watch a video of Seth Troxler and he doesn't bust out the ever so classic "index finger whirlwind" dance move then something is wrong.  Anyhoo, I heard this track in one of their sets and I liked it.  Bless the Germans for their synth-pop.

Sono - Take Control (Extended Mix)

No comments:

Post a Comment