Saturday, January 7, 2012

Cow birds in the clouds

So I ended up taking a little break from the blog over the Holidays... There was just so much going on I didnt really have time to spend an hour sorting through tunes and writing, but its nice to be back :). Eventful doesn't even begin to summarize the season but after all the parties, the presents, the drama and oh my god the booze, its a brand new year.  I don't tend to make grandiose resolutions, and this year will be no different.  Generally just striving to be a more complete person, and experience new things.. so bring it on 2012. 
Musically I'm going to sort of ease it on in on a pretty chilled tip.  A producer friend of mine from the UK whose musical opinion I really respect put this next album as his tops of 2011 and I completely agree. I won't get all flowery and start describing it but it is a 28 track album. Ambitious to say the least.  The album is called "Clouds" and its by a fellow named Apollo Brown, hailing from the Motor City... and no I don't mean Stuttgart this time. Also check the album art... i like it :)

Apollo Brown - Drinking Life

Apollo Brown - Know The Time

Now maybe Santa brought you new dancing shoes for Christmas.  Maybe yours have been in the closet picking up dust over the Holigays? Either way, dust those puppies off cuz its time for a nice proper House Jam! Courtesy of none other than Crosstown Rebels, comes this beauty of a soulful chuggin' track that, to quote my friend Walther, is a "real treat".  On top of the fact I really love the song, its got a completely foolish name... my favourite. Mind you, I mean... maybe every cow does have a bird and I'm just out of the loop?

Guti & Dubshape - Every Cow Has A Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment