Monday, December 12, 2011

Aging gracefully

As I have mentioned before, I'm a waiter. I work at a cute little neighbourhood Bistro in a nice part of town.  We have a lot of older rich ladies as customers.  Last night I was marveling at this table of 7 Jewish ladies in their 50s who were waiting for the guest of honour, the birthday girl, with such baited breath I thought  Barbara Streissand might come in. Their level of excitement was oddly palpable, and when she finally arrived she was this tiny , stick-thin woman in her 50s with impeccable hair and skin so tight you could train a gymnast on it.  Every time I looked at her face I was actually surprised by the effort people go through to make themselves look THAT fake.  And I wondered if when I get old and saggy if its something I would ever consider.. you know; a tuck here, a lift there.  Whatever happened to getting old gracefully? Being older but still looking fabulous without all that stuff in your face.
So heres a marriage of the two. I heard him play this track last time he was here in Toronto, a few years ago.  Grace Jones, the epitome of looking amazing at whatever age shes at now.. saw a live performance on line a few weeks ago and shes still AMAZING! And then theres Danny.. who, if you have never had the pleasure of making his acquaintance, and as much as I like 'em, has a fair bit of filler in those cheeks!

Its a long mix and the first few minutes kinda drag on... but again, its Danny.. get used to him dragging on.

Grace Jones & Tricky - Cradle To Grave (Danny Tenaglia White Label Mix)

This one I was sent last week from a friend of mine and i love it! Lots of layers of stuff happening around a nice steady rhythm. Thanks Michael!  I don't really know anything about the artist, and Last.fm and Google weren't a whole heap of help tracking anything down.. but great track :)

Henry Saiz & Pional - Uroboros (Original Mix)

No comments:

Post a Comment