Wednesday, February 29, 2012

old man winter

I've been living in Toronto for about 7 years now.  March has come to mean a few certainties to my life in Toronto. One is that our "beloved" Maple Leafs(ice hockey team) will be finally starting to look like a competitive team and strive for the playoffs only to fall short and miss them.  They have not qualified for the payoffs since I moved here and I'm starting to take it personally.  This year they decided to look like a team for the first hald and are now tanking badly.. sigh. 

The other certainty is (at least for the first part of the month) shitty weather. Today is a shining example that the lovely mild winter we have become used to this year was just a tease, as Old Man Winter decided to slap me around with some rather nasty hail on my way to physio this morning. Its the kind of weather that makes me want to curl up no a bearskin rug with a bottle of scotch and something that might sound like this first track, brought to my ears by the fantastic Marc Riley of BBC's Radio 6 Music.  I just downloaded one of those fabulous radio apps that allows me to get virtually any radio station in the world on my phone, and if you're a music fan... 6 Music is awesome.  They kinda stick to the theme of playing whatever they feel like. and have some very interesting presenters, like Mr Riley (formerly of Marc & Lard if you ever listened to Radio 1 about 10 years ago) and Jarvis Cocker has a show on Sundays which im very excited to listen to this week! Moving swiftly on... Im going to go grab that scotch and look for a bearskin rug now that I found the music..

Francois & The Atlas Mountains - Edge Of Town

I got sent this one by my buddy Josh who I have a little musical exchange going with and I've been meaning to post it for ages but something would always sneak in there.  I seriously hope this dudes name is a stage name... or he must've had a hell of a lot of teasing as a kid. Gorgeous track regardless!

Bonar Bradberry - You Were Away

No comments:

Post a Comment