Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Ridin On Da Riddim

So we've been experiencing this unseasonably warm winter here in Toronto, even by global warming's standards.  I found out its because of some pretty bad ass and rare wind phenomenon happening at the North pole which is basically keeping all that cold air in a constant spiral circling the pole, neat eh?  Here I was thinking its because there's so much hot shit music wise every where that the planet just can't take it!-Actually, I'm going to keep that possibility open.

Some new stuff I happened across in the past few days:

Fink.  This multi-instrumentalist fellow out of somewhere in the UK, safe bet that its Brighton.  I've heard a few things with the name Fink involved but i was not entirely sure they were the same guy because they are sooo different.  Apparently, they are. As soon as I saw the name Ninjatune associated I knew the depth and breadth of his catalog was entirely possibly produced by the same guy. Cool.

Fink - Move On Me (Alphapriest Remix)

I don't really know anything about this guy, however, a point of note. There is a new movie out with Tom Hanks.. something about 9/11, called Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close.  Well there is also a song of the same name on the full length LP, which was released back in the fall. Anyway, that isn't the one I'm posting.  My friend Josh brought this one over and we both agree that the actual name should be "ridin' on da riddim" not Riding on The Rhythm... discuss.

Spencer Parker - Riding On The Rhythm

Lastly here is a, as of yet, unreleased goodie!  Toronto's Gavin Bradley has teamed up with DJ Meme once again for this clubby tune that just screams summer.

DJ Meme feat. Gavin Bradley - Call For Me (Original Club Mix)

No comments:

Post a Comment