Tuesday, February 28, 2012

a taxing time of year

I usually take my taxes to H&R Block for.  Its easy and you get your refund right away... mind you, you have to pay for (a lot if its a decent return) the service. This year I decided to do it myself and forgo all the hassle of arguing with the dear ladies at H&R who, in my experience, do not have English as a mother tongue, and also seem to have very little knowledge of how to complete a tax sheet.  After several bungled attempts at various programs and things I decided maybe my headphones would calm me down a little bit. So I panned through my iTunes to find something that might do the trick and settled on the timeless Mushroom Jazz series by Mark Farina. Its been too long.  An oldie but a goodie, from Mushroom Jazz vol. 4...

Sub-Conscious - Irreconcilable

and then after still managing to screw up my taxes..(i forgot to enter in the fact that I paid income tax already on the online form.. oops!) I needed a little bit of spirit lifting. A new friend in Montreal introduced me to this one, by one of my absolute FAVOURITE  vocal performers ever.. Roisin Murphy. She makes everything sound so much more exciting and sexy.

Roisin Murphy - Ramalama (Bang Bang) [Rob Mooney & Junior Gee Remix]

And lastly, if anyone out there can identify what this vocal sample is from I would be extremely grateful! I heard it at a party about 13 years ago and have been looking for it... then I heard it sampled in this track thats from 2007 but havent been able to track down what the sample is from.  Start this video at the 2:38 mark and you'll hear a woman's voice saying "All that jazz and Chicago" looped a couple of times. Knowing me its something I should really know but can't place... help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment