Wednesday, October 10, 2012

You got me howling

You can talk to me 'til you're blue in the face about pretty near anything.  Chances are pretty good that I won't remember it.  I don't mean it as an insult, that what you are saying isn't valid or important.. just.. I don't remember things. From people I get introduced to at clubs who I meet the next weekend and have no idea who they are, to events that happen in my house that I get reminded about and still don't remember.  It is obviously sometimes a problem.  I do, however, have a fucking great memory for somethings.  And its been this way since I was a little kid.  I will not forget a sports statistic, a weird lyric to a song or who did that remix to that song.   So I guess thats something. Right?

So I heard this song this weekend.  And I couldn't place who originally sang the words I was hearing, but I was pretty sure he was black, and it was from the late 60's-70's.. I threw a few names out but couldn't place it. As it turns out...I wasn't far off, it was Al Green.

Claptone - Good To You (Original Mix)

I seem to get something new and fall in love with it immediately and listen to it to death for a few days until I discover something newer and shinier.  Currently the shiniest thing on my iTunes is this bumpin' little bit of sound from Adam Marshall. I heard it in a mix on soundcloud first, then the only thing shazam would tell me was that it was on the Cocoon Heroes dbl. album compilation by Joris Voorn and Cassy.  It took a few days but I was finally able to track the sucker down.  ANNND the label that released it is called New Kanada. Neato.

Adam Marshall - Thelon

And the other one is pretty awesome too in a very different way... Its sexy and kinda wounded sounding. Emotional. I love it.  Its the first solo project by Frank Wiedemann of Ame, so you know its going to be pretty solid.

Ry Cuming & Frank Wiedemann - Howling (Ame Remix)




No comments:

Post a Comment