Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Domo Arigato, Nathan Barato

Due to a variety of factors, several of my favourite local Toronto DJs were no longer playing at my favourite Toronto club.  Luckily it appears thats done with, as Mr. Nathan Barato played at CZ a little while ago! Not the 2 hours he was scheduled for, but 4.5 hours. It was almost frustrating because I said I would leave when he was done and the bugger just kept droppin' bombs!  #dancefloorproblems.

So here are a couple of the beauties he played for a very appreciative, if small, CZ crowd.

Starting with this Julio Bashmore remix of Bobby Womack... A friend of mine over in Amsterdam has opened my eyes to several other wonders by Bashmore and I highly suggest you get on that train.

Bobby Womack - Love Is Gonna Lift You Up (Julio Bashmore Remix)

and this funky funky tune.  Just wait for those rather surprising drops of a nice synthy bass. fun!

Mark Henning - You're Digging Into Me (Original Mix)

Lastly, I had heard this name before.  As Ive mentioned before my friend Josh and I have a little musical exchange going.. well my end is basically this blog now, but he still keeps one of my favourite traditions alive... the mixed tape!Or flash drive, or cd, or dropbox folder...

Ben Pearce - What I Might Do (Club Edit)

No comments:

Post a Comment