Monday, September 10, 2012

Welcome to the Idiot Fair

I know Summer isn't officially over yet.. but once September hits it really does feel like Autumn in my mind.  And what a Summer it was! But I won't lie, I really do love Autumn.  the fun new wardrobe replaces the boys in shorts... and the weather is much more tolerable... though I do love the sunshine.  I guess I officially put Summer to bed 2 weekends ago when I went up North to Sudbry and my friend Pierre's place for a little roadtrip with the boys.  Chillin' on a gorgeous Lake with great friends and great music for Labour day was definitely the right choice.  Josh, as always, had a fresh playlist ready for the roadtrip and we sort of played dueling iPods the whole trip, which is quite fun. So over the last couple weeks theres been A lot, maybe too much, new to me music coming in my ears and its always hard to decide what to put on here... but here we go.

When I first started the blog I think one of my first posts was about Aquarius Heaven... and I mentioned his stuff was all produced by dOP.  I didn't really know who dOP was... well.. now I do. Three party animal French guys from Paris.  Their stuff seems to range from chilled lo-fi funk to more hip hop based tracks. but its all pretty damn good.  Here is their latest single Kisses, and one from a previous album that I'm really diggin'.

dOP - Kisses (Original Mix)
dOP - New York


I mentioned Josh's pretty legendary mix albums he throws my way... well heres one of my favourites from the most recent one.  I will, however, warn you.  just skip the first FOUR minutes.  I'm all for a little bit of mixing space but really... 4 minutes of monotony before the song really starts... and this isn't even a club mix or an extended mix... its the original.  Mind you, it is a pretty fun little bit of oddball circus music leading into it.. so if time is on your side then just listen to the whole thing patiently, damnit!  And in keeping with house music's pretty hilarious lyrics... this one is great.

Adultnapper feat. Black Light Smoke - Idiot Fair (Original Mix)

No comments:

Post a Comment