Monday, January 23, 2012

Lost & Burried Treasure

Its been 2 weeks since my knee surgery and though I've been mostly sat on my ass, I dunno what it was I just wasn't really up to blogging.  It could easily have been the pain killers- I was a Percocet zombie.  Now that I've started physio and I'm walking, actually I'm not going to call how I move around walking because it looks more like a Neanderthal shuffle, but ya now that I am doing that, I really am feeling better about things.  That and a steady bunch of visiting friends have really helped.  And so this weekend, chilling with a few friends I managed to go on a search for sunken treasure without ever having to leave my gorgeous new sofa.

Sometimes I consume so much music in the run of a day that it kind of gets lost on me.  I'll hear it and move on, without ever really listening. Next day, rinse-repeat, and after 3 days I don't even manage to remember that I was completely in love with a track and it has died somewhere in the recently added side of my iTunes.  Lucky for me, my husband appears to pay a bit closer attention, and had harvested a bunch of these little beauties into a playlist which repeatedly had my scurrying off the couch to find out what they were and how they managed to sneak into my iTunes without me noticing.

Beacause I've taken a bit of flack from a few people for not posting during all this free time, Today its a SuperSized, two-parter.

It's a (bizarrely warm) rainy Monday here in Toronto, but I'm fairly certain you'll be able to notice that the weather has had an effect on my musical distractions in part number 1 of today's post:

Dinah Washington - This Bitter Earth

Ruede Haggelstein & The Noblettes - A Priori (Original Mix)

Groove Armada - History

And now for part 2. That Dinah Washington song by the way... amazing.  After we heard it in Shutter Island(meh) last week it was on repeat for about an hour, so at least something good came out of watching that. With these next couple I'm going to try and pretend its not a rainy Monday and that my dancing shoes are not on a shelf collecting dust. If you think you recognize In The City, its because that little ditty looping in the background is from Pharcyde and has been sampled to death for probably about 20 years.

Alena - Changes (Ron Basejam Mix)

Andre Crom & Martin Dawson - In The City

Goloka - Ain't No Game

No comments:

Post a Comment