Wednesday, March 28, 2012

sloppy chicken realness.

I've never really been able to follow recipes.  I have a good idea of what I'm supposed to do in a kitchen after 17 years of working in restaurants and seeing it on a daily basis, and as those who know me will likely loudly attest to, I am really not that good at following instructions.  So I had this big ol' club pack of chicken breasts and I was going to make some chicken parmesan with a couple of them and the others I wasnt sure.  So I hop online and find this cute little recipe for some chicken with an orange glaze... it sounded pretty damn easy and the end result was to resemble that stuff you get when you order Chinese food. A sort of battered fried chicken bits with a nice tangy sauce.  Sufficed to say, there are now 3 sloppy chicken tits in my garbage along with all the crap that I went through to get them to that point.  I was so friggin mad... fast forward a little bit... Ive folded laundry... played a little PS3.. made the chicken parmesan to be consumed when the hubby gets home, and I'm plodding around the livingroom listening to a set the fantastic Sander Kleinenberg recently put up online.  How is it that in over a decade of partying on a nearly full time basis I have NEVER HEARD HIM LIVE :(  Apparently he's a handsome little devil too? Anyhoo... this set is so full of such lovely surprising goodies! it basically turned my entire shitty chicken experience on its ass. F U Chicken!

This first one reminds me of something you'd hear from the Vagabundos of Cadenza Records or maybe even the Maestro Danny Tenaglia.  Its got a minimal sort of thing going on but its funky as the day is long and some weird little bouncey noises for good measure

 Paolo Driver - Good Afternoon (Los Suruba 90's Remix)

And this little ditty.. well the vocals and the beat in spots were driving me crazy. I couldn't tell if someone was doing a remake of "I Feel Love" or if it was something new.  Being compared to a disco standard like that can't be a bad thing.... turns out its actually a pretty old track from none other than Goldfrapp that just got a nice little remix treatment from the man dubbed by Resident Advisor as the Top DJ in the World this past year....

Goldfrapp - Strict Machine (Jamie Jones Remix)

and one more for the road.... I never thought I'd see the day that I posted a Katy Perry song and sincerely said I liked it.. ok Teenage Dream is pretty gaytastic but not really for this blog.  Then I hear this...

Katy Perry - The One That Got Away (Plastic Plates Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment