Saturday, February 10, 2018

Deelicious

Given the current 3-4 day snowstorm we're in the midst of here in Toronto... This one gives me a little hope. I can't wait to be sweating while sitting still on a patio with an ice cold beer in my hand enjoying this. Though I struggle with the fact its called a club mix. Just because its long as hell doesn't mean its a club mix.

Greg Wilson feat. The Reynolds - Summer Came My Way (Luxxury Club Mix)


I used to read Details magazine in the '90s. It was decent for a time and I would skim through most of it but i loved their album reviews. One day while on the 80 bus from Lower Sackville to Halifax, Nova Scotia I read the album review for Beth Orton's Central Reservation, and as my bus pulled up in front of HMV on Spring Garden Rd, I hopped off and ran into the store to buy it without a second thought about listening to it first. The review had sold me that hard, and one of only two times I can remember being that impressed by a review that i just bought it. The other being Basement Jaxx Remedy.  Central Reservation became something that I still listen to today, and for several years I gobbled up everything I could from Beth Orton and even got to see her at Glastonbury in I think it was '03. Then yesterday while digging around through some older releases from the Cube Guys i found this way-more-chilled-than-I'm-used-to-from-them beauty of a track, and its been on repeat ever since. I'll also add that The Cube Guys are fucking fantastic live. Rarely have I heard Producers that I like deliver live but I've seen them a few times and always rock the place.

The Cube Guys -  Central Reservation (Face Off Magik Remix)

Learned about this producer this week, and let me tell you... if you like soul and disco samples his entire catalogue is great. I wasn't totally sure which one to pick for this post but i  went with the one that introduced me to him, a Bill Withers track. Go check out his soundcloud/spotify or some are available on iTunes/Beatport.

Deelicious - Lonely Town Lonely Street (Original Mix)



No comments:

Post a Comment