Thursday, March 10, 2016

Wednesday Night in The Ghetto

I love when I'm browsing around the internet looking for some new music and I come across something I should have had in my collection 10-15 years ago but it evaded me. I recognized the track from having heard it somewhere over the years but most likely before Shazam so just one of those ones that slipped away never to be heard from again. And how fortuitous it should be rediscovered on of all things, a Wednesday Night.


If you've seen The Hunger Games this will ring some big bells. Steve Lawler dropped this a few weeks back on my birthday to many surprised cheeky grins across the dance floor.



I just stumbled upon this producer last week. If you, like me, love some chilled jazz-funk-soul with a little extra kick behind it... check him out! Akshin is from Azerbaijan and has a pretty dope repertoire of all kinds of funky things. I adore Marlena Shaw so this stood out to me right away. My other favourite I've found so far was Southern Man (available on iTunes). 





No comments:

Post a Comment