Thursday, June 6, 2013

oh, How Sweet It Is indeed!

So as a young house music addict, Mark Farina was definitely one of my go to sources for funky beats.  Back before shazaam and all that I'd literally have pages in notebooks with song lyrics written down so I could spend hours scouring the interwebs looking for the songs and trying to hear the stuff I had heard out in the comfort of my shoebox sized, first apartment.  Well here I go strolling through my iTunes and I find a set from a festival in 1998 called How Sweet It Is, with an over one hour mix from Mr. Farina.  This set has been on literally EVERY computer I have owned in the past 15 years... thats a lot of hard drives. Anyhoo, near the end this song comes on.... and I have a realization. I should harness the power of my smart phone and find out what this track is that has been bugging me for 15 years. I knew the artist, and the name... but I had never been able to find a remix of it. That is until now.

An oldie but a goodie..

Smoke City - Mr. Gorgeous (and Miss Curvaceous) (Mood II Swing Vocal Mix)

No comments:

Post a Comment