Tuesday, December 18, 2012

'tis the season

This past year has flown by so damn fast.  It seems like only yesterday I was getting ready for my knee surgery.   This past weekend was the now annual tradition at CZ of "Just Like The Old Days".  A day once a year when they bring back some of the regular DJs from years ago which also brings out lots of the old crew of patrons too.  I wasn't a regular by any stretch back then, but getting to hear Paranoid Jack and El Duran play with Deko-ze & Addy was a pretty fantastic treat.  An astoundingly appreciative and fun crowd, with loads of classic tunes.  Sounds a bit like nostalgia overload but it isn't.  Anyhoo, its a busy time of year for everyone, so take a minute and enjoy some tunes. Heres a lil sample of the tunes from the classics weekend, but don't worry.. Deko-ze's set will likely be posted on SoundCloud so when it is I'll put a link up here too in case you don't follow him... which you should.

Tom Novy feat. Lima - Take It(Dani Koenig Remix)

Roots and Wings - Come Over To My Place

And this little nugget that I've been listening to a lot lately.  I don't know about y'all but when I was a kid my mom had these old disco records called "STARS ON 45" and it was basically a Bad Boy Bill style disco mashup with every pop song from that year blended into one fabulous record.  Right up there with Kenny & Dolly's Chirstmas record as one of my favourite of my mom's. This reminds me of that... in name only.

Kris Menace pres. Stars on 33 - LUV (Original Mix)



No comments:

Post a Comment